Monday, March 14, 2011

Weekend...


Saturday morning my friend Irene and her family were passing through to go to California so they stopped by to say 'hello'. I haven't seen Irene in 3 years and was my first meeting with her husband James and daughters Brianna and Ashley. Sophie really loved meeting the family because they brought her 3 toys! Lucky pup lol. It was so great to see my friend but wasn't long enough. I hope their vacation in Cali. goes great!





That evening John and Creative Backstage was doing the Ostrich Festival. The bands that night were a Led Zeppelin Tribute band named Heartbreakers and Eddie Money. I hung out with John on the light tower during the first band and this is the hubs working hard making those lights shine...


This is the Heartbreakers


And this picture I took of all the rides from the light tower. There were so many people there, I personally haven't seen a crowd that size at the Ostrich Fest before. I'm pretty sure it was the weather, that day was beautiful!


However the dust was horrid. Me having asthma had a rough couple of days but this a.m. I'm feeling pretty good!

Sunday I spent the day with my dad. They had my nieces over so I got to visit with them for a short time - I love those girls! Then my dad and I went to see my tata (grandpa) who is in hospice. He has diabetes, other health issues and well age is catching up. I feel he doesn't have long which is heartbreaking but know that the pain he feels isn't a way to be either. I plan to go visit him tomorrow and then Friday Julie and I will take the kids to see him. He is amazing though - I asked him how he is and he said 'no point in complaining so I'm good'. Gosh I need to remember that! I don't know what the 'right' words would to be at a time like this except I do hope in my heart of hearts he doesn't suffer much longer. After our visit we went to lunch and talked, it was a great lunch - thank you pop.

Then I went home and rested! Good thing to so today I can get things done! Like laundry ugh, I guess I better post this so I can start chores - so fun. I hope your weekend was great!


Until next time...

1 comments:

Janae said...

I'm glad the visit with your grandfather was good (and not totally depressing). It's got to be a conflicting place to see him in...sad to see him suffering yet sad to imagine the inevitable. :-( xoxo