Monday, January 17, 2011

Some projects complete, some things to look forward too...

We are getting a new hot tub in a few weeks! My father-in-law came out Thurs.- Sat. to help John take apart the old and redo the deck. Instead of wood they put down the composite wood stuff. It looks so nice and I'm not afraid of falling through the deck now lol.

The hot tub in the picture is the old one, it has been broken a few years. Sophie checking out the new deck
 Some of my personal progress - I built this for storage and to put my sewing or embroidery machine on when not in use.
 My Uncle has a party every year for the community it was this past Saturday and this was my pretty dress.
 This was today. I was a bit under the weather and so if I'm laying around you'll find Sophie pretty close by.

I'm so excited for the last weekend of the month for the Phoenix Quilt, Craft and Sewing Festival Jan 27, 28 and 29th! I plan to be there all 3 days. It is their 17th year but I've never been so I'm not 100% sure what to expect but am so looking forward to it. Is anyone else attending?? As soon as I get the itinerary I will post it. The email says they will send it out a week before. I heard that if you want to take classes you must bring your sewing machine so I bought a rolling bag for mine just in case.

I'm going to try to make it to Tucson this year for the gem show but not sure that is going to happen. Hopefully I will find out this week. Then mid-Feb is the Arabian Horse Show and my mom-in-law has a booth there so I'm sure I will be going a few times.

So as it stands I don't think there will be any serious sewing or jewelry making until the end of Feb. I'm looking forward to it!


Until next time...

0 comments: